Wednesday 20 March 2013

ketchup

I honestly do not remember selling a house to be this much work! I guess that's part of the package when you attempt a private sale. So far we have had 30+ showings, that's an average of one a day... I won't even begin to tell you how many hours of cleaning that is. I am sure you can imagine. I'd like to stay positive and say, we are close... so close I can some days taste it, so close, on other days I want to rip my hair out and give up. What I do know is I will never, ever take our new home for granted! We've certainly worked long and hard to get to this point (including many hours of renovations in the past few years).

In the meantime, we've kept up on home school activities, planned our next school year (and revised several times), enjoyed family time with family from the warm south, visited local farms (which I plan to make a big part of our 2013), read many good books (check out "Locavore" by Sarah Elton, a Canadian writing about the change of farming in Canada, and how to eat local in a country frozen half the year), dreamed about the new house, and started the girls with horse riding.

Enjoy!















No comments:

Post a Comment